oregon adventures

Sunday, February 04, 2007

I can run again! I can run again.. maybe

Sorry, no picture. Yesterday after swim-spin I decided to try a small run. It was exactly 40 days since my last run, the longest without running in almost 10 years. Went for a 2 mile walk on Friday and it only hurt a little. Saturday I went with the slower group, Denise (coach), Kevin, Nicole, and Mark. We started out and nothing hurt- I felt really good and hit an early runner's high and kicked it out a little and left everyone behind. You know that feeling of pure bliss when you accelerate in a smooth fast burst? Slowed to almost a stop at the corner after about .3 miles to see which way to go. At about a half mile everyone except myself and Denise went straight to do 2 miles and Denise and I ran in nice and slow and easy to finish with a mile and a half in 14:03. Not too bad painwise, at coffee afterwards I was limping slightly, but iced at home and could walk fairly normal after that. Today I took my dog for a half mile walk and only one spasm of the foot, so for now I say I'm back!! Probably try 2 miles next and work up from there. It's been 4 or 5 years since I've run any distance lower than a 5K, sort of been my minimum.

5 Comments:

  • I think it's funny that you hang out with a Denise, and that we have a beagle named Jeff, and that we both have red Jeep Cherokees and you have 62 race bibs and my last bib was 62... BUT you don't drink pickle and green olive juice huh? :) -- so happy to hear you are running again it has been a long hiatus, indeed.

    By Blogger Neese, at 1:16 PM  

  • Congrats on hitting the pavement again. I know it's frustrating. Are you the Yeng to Neese's Yang? Too many coincidences.

    By Blogger Bullet, at 2:18 PM  

  • that's great your feeling better, take it slow so you can keep on going! ;)

    By Blogger Deb, at 7:40 PM  

  • Take it easy...

    By Blogger kara, at 5:44 PM  

  • Nice to hear you're running again! Sounded like quite a successful run at that! HOW EXCITING!

    By Blogger teacherwoman, at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home