oregon adventures

Friday, April 13, 2007

This Week and What Have I done!

Sorry, no pictures. This week on Monday I ran 7 miles the same as the last two weeks. The difference this time was a girl joined Cecilie and I so I didn't have to talk. She was a professional nutritionist and has done Ironman Canada, so Cecilie asked her tons and tons of questions and that kept the pace where I could run no problem. Some good info and she's going to put together a presentation for the team. Then into the pool for 1000 meters.
Tuesday it was cloudy, but dry so Cecilie and I were standing in the club lobby deciding whether to spin or go outside when coach Denise said she would go if we could be back in an hour and a half for her next class. So off we went at a very fast pace in a basic around LaCamas lake route. Even the uphills seemed fast. At one point on a slight straight downhill, Denise took off. I saw this as a challenge for some reason and stomped on it to catch her- with Cecilie yelling "go get her!" 35 mph to pass her then I kept it there for a little bit and then it fell, 28,25,22. Denise had tucked in behind me and said I made a great windbreak and she was going to put me out front when we do the Seattle to Portland ride and everyone can draft behind me. Stats: 13.2 miles 16.8 avg.
Wednesday, I only did a swim. We did 2X1200 for 2400. Cecilie is leading a beginning track group for the club and a local shoe store at 6AM- I can't make that, so I have to find a new track routine for Wednesday.
Thursday it was raining, so just spin. Then at work the rain had stopped so I ran around the base 3 times for 5 miles. It was the first time I've run alone since early March.
Then today- how to say this. Several weeks ago I tried a size 58 tri bike in the model I wanted and the store ordered a 61 for me to try because the 58 was too small. Well, the 61 was in a word- perfect. I went to the aero position with no discomfort and the bike soared. Got back to the shop and said, "I'll take it". In my life I've bought a house, installed a sewer system, taxes of course, my Jeep and a mini van before that. Those are the only things I can remember more expensive than what I bought today. $3K for a bike!!! Plus a couple hundred for carbon pedals and some more for a Dura Ace crank. I'm in shock right now. When the cranks arrive and I get the bike, then it will be real. Of course there will be pictures then and then I'll tell you what kind it is. Ok, its a Cervelo P2C.

5 Comments:

  • Oooh! Sweet. Nice choice!!

    By Blogger Wes, at 3:23 PM  

  • sounds like a good workout week, and yeah that price tag can sound steep but you know, you cycle, you WILL use it! Congratulations!! and isn't it customary to name it as well? :)

    By Blogger Neese, at 4:34 AM  

  • OMG, congrats on the new ride!! You must be so excited. You'll probably win all your races on that bike!

    By Blogger Here and there, at 8:52 AM  

  • Wow! Congrats on the new ride. Seems every blogger I know is buying a bike ... I'm becoming so jealous. :)

    By Blogger Ms Eva, at 2:21 PM  

  • It is quite shocking how much a bike can cost! I think my bike is fourth inline behind my house, a college education and my Jeep for most expensive purchases. Cannot wait to see pics and hear more about how it rides!

    By Blogger TriShannon, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home