oregon adventures

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Springwater Dog Walk


Feeling really tired today, but it's 87 and blue sky so I had to do something. So I took my dog Spencer (picture) for a walk on the Springwater trail instead of training. A nice relaxing 2 1/2 mile walk at Spencer speed, which means stopping to sniff every few feet. Still tired, but I feel a lot better- it's that balance thing.
Mother's day I was going to go hiking, but my daughter wasn't going with her mom, so I stayed home with her and we planned a big dinner. Then her mom called and they went to dinner and then my friend Steve called and said "lets ride". So we did a 22.4 mile ride out in the country between Gresham and Sandy with some rollers at a 16.5 average. At the top of one roller was a perfect view of Mt Hood filling the sky with a fruit farm in the foreground- of course I didn't have my camera.

3 Comments:

  • Great dog! Love the name too. The view of Mt Hood and the berry/fruit farms right there...I can close my eyes and almost see it. Sounds lovely. Glad your daughter had time with both of you!

    By Blogger Deb, at 9:01 PM  

  • Hi Jeff!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, I will bookmark yours! Spencer is a sweetie!! -- And guess what? Our beagle's name is "Jeff"! :))

    Looking forward to catching up on your blog and following it.

    neese

    By Blogger Neese, at 3:45 AM  

  • Jeff, have you ever been to a Portland eatery called Gravy?? Supposed to be great 'comfort food'. Just curious.

    By Blogger Deb, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home