oregon adventures

Friday, December 15, 2006

Race Bib Numbers


Since the next race I have planned is New Year's eve at midnight, I figure the number wall is finished for this year. I have 4 years of races and numbered rides hanging. 26 numbers this year 30 something events because the same OBRA number is used for all the bike races. Doing a full and half next year I don't know if I'll have that many numbers in 2007, but probably close.
For track workout on Wednesday there were 3 of us and it was 54 out, so a nice run. Did 5X800 and adding the first 2 800's together I did a 7:27 mile, the next two added to a 7:37 mile and the last 800 was 3:51 which if doubled would be a 7:42 mile. I felt good and really like that pace. One of the girls, Stephanie had to go, so we ran back to the club and Cecilia and I did lunges with weights and jumps and side skates. They seemed hard, but ok, then Cecilia corrected my movement saying put all of your weight on the front leg and then they were holy cow hard. Then we got some steps and did skips and jumps up on the steps. The skips were hard for me, Cecilia said to lightly tap the step with your foot and I had a hard time doing that. She said it trains you to run light and with less effort. Then in swim class we did dolphins which for some reason caused me and a girl in the class to cramp up with calf Charlie horses. Thursday I did spinning class and Cecilia didn't, she poked her head in and told me her butt hurts from the stuff we did after track. Denise (coach) led the spinning class and had us stand in the big ring and lift one hand for a short time and then switch hands- ow, that was hard.
Tomorrow's swim-spin has a present exchange game during spin where you can win first pick of the presents somehow, should be fun.

6 Comments:

  • Thanks for the advice on the shorts. Will definitely look into Zoots. Good job on the track time. Impressive. I'm supposed to spend some time skipping after I run as well. Guess I know why now. I feel like I run pretty heavy sometimes. Will have to throw them into the end of the work out now. 26 events is crazy! What do you do with all the t-shirts. You shoul have them made into a blanket or something.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

  • How fun! Spin and presents!! I love when you correct your form and can really feel it. Doing it right....
    Hope you're doing well with the power problems and cold weather! Be safe and oh yes....HOLY COW on those race numbers!! ;)

    By Blogger Deb, at 7:44 AM  

  • I love the wall with your race numbers. I save all mine--for some reason. They're in a box. I also have a pile of race t-shirts--I want to make a quilt.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 5:47 PM  

  • I will probably have a blog photo of my bibs soon as well, I'm going to take my 2006 bibs and make a collage or something and frame it.

    Anyway back to you :o) a New Years Eve race at midnight sounds very interesting.. i'm already looking forward to that report.

    You are doing well with your crosstraining.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 PM  

  • I save all my bibs on a ring - sorted by the date. Not sure why we need to save 'em, but we do!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home