oregon adventures

Monday, December 11, 2006

Glendoveer Golf Course Run


Had to work this weekend, but Sunday we had our Christmas party and not being a party guy left work early. First I took the daughter and cut a Christmas tree. Then being a triathlete- saw waning daylight and decided to get a run in. Told the daughter to decorate the tree and went to Glendoveer golf course to run their dirt and wood-chip track. Since the last track workout, my hammie and sciatic have hurt, so I took it easy up the hill to start and did two laps and a little more for 5 miles with no pain. Didn't feel like I was going that slow, but it came out to 48:28 a 9:41 pace the slowest run since July. But I felt fine and no pain today, so it's ok. When I got home my daughter had decorated the tree and it looks nice.

Since I had to work the weekend, I didn't get to do the tri club's Saturday swim-spin, so I went swimming Saturday evening when the club was almost empty and did 2000 meters in intervals.

4 Comments:

  • aw what a sweet photo with the finished tree and sleeping doggie :o) - way to get a run in, i'm not thrilled about my christmas party either..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

  • NOt the party guy Jeff? I'm with ya! Unfortunetly, I don;t have a lot of 'outs' since entertaining is such a big part of what I do. Oh well...Your tree is beatuiful. Such a peaceful picture of home!

    By Blogger Deb, at 5:13 PM  

  • I love working out when you get the gym all to yourself.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 1:53 PM  

  • The golf course looks like a great place to run. And how nice to come home and see the tree decorated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home