oregon adventures

Monday, November 20, 2006

Blue Lake Run


Today before work I drove out to Blue Lake to do a run since I wimped out of yesterday's run. Time to whine a little: had to work nights this weekend, but wanted to get the swim-spin brick in at the club on Saturday so I woke up at 5AM on Saturday and did 1800 meters in intervals swimming. The rest of the group did 2000 meters, I missed the cutoff on a couple so I rested until the next interval. Then to the spin room for an hour fifteen of triathlon club spinning, which means hard going. Then to coffee with the girls and the full ironman in September has 5000+ feet of climbing on the bike, so we changed plans to the Bigfoot full ironman in Canada in August which means the half iron would be in May- there are none around here that early, so California I guess- Caliman or something like that. The club has a big van with a bike trailer, so gas split many ways will make it seem local. The only problem is Bigfoot is setup for beginners and I would like it to be a real ironman for that much effort, but then again I might be crawling to make it on a flat course the first time so Bigfoot it is for now.

Sorry, way off track- back to the run. After the swim-spin-coffee on Saturday I went to work until midnight. Then back to work at 1130 on Sunday until 8 PM. So this morning I was slow getting up to run and didn't really want to go since I have to work tonight. Started at the parking lot in the top picture and pretty much the same route the Midsummer Triathlon took back in August. I ran out the Marine Drive path for 2.25 miles and turned around. The path was slick with leaves and moss and roots have pushed it up in places. After the turn around I was coming back to a railroad crossing and a railway worker crossed the road and stood looking at me. After I passed I found out why, he flipped the blinker test switch after I was past, he was waiting for me. I waved thanks. Got back to the Jeep at a very slow 42:02 a 9:09 pace- unbelievable- that was my pace for the 5K at the end of the Midsummer tri on the same path.

I was planning on doing the Turkey Trot 4 miler again this year at the zoo Thanksgiving, but I have to work Wednesday night until midnight, so I have to decide if I can get up for the run. I'm the boss though, so maybe it won't be until midnight on Wednesday.
PS- My smoothie recipe- Blueberries, Banana, Marionberry Yogurt, Spoon of Peanut Butter, Spoon of Flax Oil, Scoop of Chocolate Whey Protien Powder, Low-Fat Chocolate Soy Milk.

2 Comments:

  • WTG on getting out there for the run even though you were working nights! And I can't even imagine a swim THEN a spinning workout, wow.

    THANK YOU for the smoothie recipe!!!! Can't wait to do food shopping to try it:-)

    By Blogger Mmem, at 3:45 AM  

  • That looks like a beautiful place to run. I'm excited about your triathlons. You are doing Ironman Canada? Or is Bigfoot and Ironman distance? Hectic schedule you got there. Kudos for motivating yourself to get those runs in!

    By Blogger Wes, at 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home