oregon adventures

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I-5 Bridge Run


Had to work this weekend and of course it was the most beautiful weekend weather wise of the month. When I left work at 3:30 (dayshift on weekends) my Jeep said 69 degrees, so I drove to Subway on Marine Drive to run the I-5 bridge. The Marine drive bike path has a clover leaf by the interstate cloverleaf as it branches off to the I-5 bridge path and near the cloverleaf is where I started running. As soon as I started, I could tell I was tired and not very fast. Past the cloverleaf it goes along the highway over a small bridge and the exhaust fumes from the highway were overpowering. Then the path goes past a Hooters and they were blowing their greasy exhaust onto the highway and the smell of fried food added 2 pounds of fat to me just running by it felt like.
Then the path goes on the I-5 bridge and that was cool- good view of Mt Hood and the Columbia river. After the bridge I ran down the Vancouver riverfront trail until my GPS said 2.5 and then I turned around and headed back. There were tons of people on the Vancouver trail. Back over the bridge, through the Hooters smell, through the car exhaust and back to the Jeep at 44:04 an 8:48 pace for 5 miles. If I do that bridge again running, I'll start on the Vancouver side and turn around just on the Oregon side. It was a nice run for that part.

3 Comments:

  • How beautiful. Glad the sun was out for you guys up there!

    By Blogger Deb, at 6:44 PM  

  • wow, that's beautiful! except for the exhaust and the grease smell. I get that even on my little ol' trail run at a certain section that goes past a mcdonalds and a car repair lot. blech.
    (thanks for the comment! I'm trying, but not really. It's HARD work!)

    By Blogger jeanne, at 7:43 PM  

  • wow you've got me beat in the photo department with that last one! gorgeous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home