oregon adventures

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Track Workout #2


Had my second track workout this Wednesday. There were 5 of us this time and Cecilia said we would do a ladder- 200, 400, 800, mile, 800, 400, 200. The 200 I did in 48 seconds, then 1:38 for the 400. 3:42 for the first 800 about 20 seconds better than last week's 800's. The mile I did in 7:49- very good for me! Then 3:53 for the last 800 and 1:48 for the 400 and then for the last 200 I tried to keep up with Cecilia and started to fade and she yelled back come on so I pushed it and did 44 seconds and stayed just behind her. Will I ever learn? 2 years ago I did a full out sprint at the end of triathlon to beat a guy and hurt my right hamstring doing it. Today of course my right hammie hurts. It was in the low 40's so we stayed at the track to do lunges and side-steps and jumps, etc. During the warmup run one of the girls told me about a Pearl Izumi outlet store on the side of the Nautilus world headquarters which is a few blocks from the club, so after running and before swim class I went there (top picture). Got a running jacket and some bike shorts and running shorts for half price. I asked the clerk if the Nautilus factory had a good break room with machines and he said they had a 30,000 sq foot gym for the employees in the place, fully stocked of course. Spinning today and then tomorrow is a blast class which is doing weights on an exercise ball, might try it.

4 Comments:

  • Great job on the mile time.Very cool about the outlet and gym. Sounds like your training is going well to...You got it goin on!

    By Blogger Deb, at 6:10 PM  

  • Weights on a ball is fun. I use dumbbells and call it dummbells on the ball when I record my workout.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 PM  

  • That's incredible. Yet another reason why I need to move to Oregon. Or maybe just visit there with a credit card for the outlet. Great job on the track work. Keep pluggin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

  • sorry about your "hammie", the blast class sounds interesting, lets us know if you try it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home