oregon adventures

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Starvation Ridge Hike

On July 4th morning I had my running bag in hand ready to go do a 10K run when my friend Steve called and asked if I wanted to go hiking. So I put the running bag down and headed out to Starvation Creek Falls trailhead. Unfortunately my camera was in the running bag, so no pictures. Steve said he wanted to do just a small waterfall hike, but when we got there and he saw the squiggles on the map past the waterfall, he said let's just go a short ways up. Several switchbacks later and about 2100 feet up we turned around. The way up wasn't just steep, it was holy cow steep. The guide book says the climb to Mt Defiance, which is where the trail eventually goes, is one of the hardest in Oregon. Very pretty climb though with good views of the Gorge every once in awhile through the trees. Totals- about 4 miles 2100 feet. Hope everyone had a good 4th.

2 Comments:

  • YOu are one lucky guy to have all that right in your backyard! Thanks for your thoughtful post on my blog.....these 'slumps' we put ourselves into can be tough.

    By Blogger Deb, at 5:08 AM  

  • Jeff you've had an active week, good for you! thanks for the comments on my blog while i was on vacation! we are home now so i'll have more time to comment

    By Blogger Neese, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home