oregon adventures

Friday, June 09, 2006

Airport to Blue Lake Ride

Took the bike to work today and afterwards rode around the airport to Blue Lake and back. Normally I would go over the bridge on 33rd Ave, but got there and it was gone just signs and barricades were there instead. Should have turned around and gone back the way I came (42nd), but wanted to find another way. Ended up in the industrial district on Columbia Blvd with no shoulder and semis going by. Finally got past that and on Marine drive which goes along the Columbia river and has a great bike lane shoulder and no lights. On Marine drive I was able to cruise at 22-23 and saw the grass bending with me, so I knew it would be hard coming back. At Blue Lake where there's a huge tri this weekend, (but I have to work) turned around and started into the wind. Decided to make it a real training ride and pushed myself against the wind at 16-18 and kept it there. Got back to my work at 28.1 miles with an average of 17.5.

2 Comments:

  • you continue to amaze me with your energy, good for you! all this bike talk makes me want to get a bike! lol, i can't bike or swim but this is getting contagious!

    keep up the good work!

    btw, it just occurred to me you are in Portland, and i may be heading there in August we should meet to at least walk together lol, not sure i could keep up with you running!

    By Blogger Neese, at 7:42 AM  

  • Bike commuting is the best.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home