oregon adventures

Monday, May 22, 2006

Oak's Park Run


Worked the weekend, but had today off. Planned to do a long bike ride but woke up to rain and clouds. Decided to run when it stopped. By early afternoon it was nice and sunny by Oak's park and I started out on the nice two lane bike path at a reasonable pace and at one mile my GPS beeped and said 8:22. I am doing an Olympic distance tri this weekend, so I needed to do 6 miles or a 10K if I could. Running to the end of that section of the path is exactly 3 miles, so I turned around and went back and got a second wind around 4 miles but slowed down around 5 1/2 miles. At six miles my watch said 51 something which is really good for me so I went across the street and did a small connector section of the trail that the GPS said was .25 miles so .05 over a 10 K at 54:23 which is an 8:42 pace. If I can do anywhere near that this weekend I'll be thrilled! Last year I did the Olympic tri runs at around a 10:16 pace- I think it was lackadaisical training and a slightly pulled hamstring. Afterwards, I walked off the run by going down to the river and out on a fishing jetty to get a picture of downtown. While stretching I realized it was yoga night. So off to Philadelphia's for a chicken cheese steak sandwich and then to yoga. I went to 2nd grade in Newtown Square right outside Philly and it was then that I discovered baseball so I've been a fanatic Phillie fan my whole life. The sandwich shop has the Philadelphia newspaper and shows sports from there sometimes.

2 Comments:

  • sounds nice, jeff. way to go on the mile splits. i'm gonna go out today and use my new Garmin Forerunner 305. i hope i can figure it out!

    happy running!

    By Blogger Neese, at 10:56 AM  

  • Great time! I can't seem to get much below 10 min miles...pathetic, I know. I was in Philly 2 years ago for a conf and never had the time to get a 'real' Philly cheese steak....I felt wounded. ;). Good luck on your race and have fun.

    By Blogger Deb, at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home