oregon adventures

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summer Solstice 5K Run


Ran the Summer Solstice 5K put on by the Oregon Road Runners Club (ORRC). It wasn't until 7:15 at night, so I made a huge smoothie instead of eating dinner. When I got there and signed in, I started talking to a pretty girl named Tori. They had a kids race (1/4 mile)first, that was really cute with really little kids running. Then the 5K started and I tried to go all out, but am still tired from last week's long work hours. Hit mile 1 at 7:57 and at mile 2 I was at 16:21 and the smoothie rebelled and I wanted to give it back, but fought that down and put it out of my mind. Then at around 2 1/2 miles my left hamstring tightened- great I have a tri in 3 days arrgh. Pushed on and at one point Tori came up beside me, so I ran with her and we did the last .3 or so together and finished together. I let her go first to the number rip off guy of course. Afterwards we talked a little and she left, someday I'll learn smooth moves. Anyway, finished at 25:51 for an 8:20 pace and almost a minute faster than last year. Results won't be out until tomorrow and I go to Bend for a tri then, so no idea where I finished.

3 Comments:

  • Nice evening run, smoothies, pretty girls, what more can you ask for? Sounds fantastic.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 1:32 AM  

  • You always seem to be surrounded by prety girls...you're doing something right! Good luck at the tri in Bend.

    By Blogger Deb, at 4:41 PM  

  • you crack me up with your "pretty girl" quotes in your blog entries. what a great finish, i can only dream of being that fast tomorrow at my night run. high five!!

    By Blogger Neese, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home