oregon adventures

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Marine Drive Path Run


Did a training run on a section of the Marine Drive bike path. There are five sections to the Marine Drive path and the one I ran today is a quiet 2.6 mile part that doesn't have any designated parking, so it doesn't get used as much. It had been cloudy and dark all day, but dry. As soon as I started running it started to mist. Did the whole section for 5.2 miles and felt ok, so I did the first half mile again and back to make 6.2 miles(10K)in a time of 53:45 an 8:39 pace and the fastest 10K by 5 seconds since I started timing my runs. Of course it doesn't count as a personal best until I do it in a race, but I'm happy with it considering I've been working late since Saturday and have to keep working late until Monday. Friday I go to 2PM to 2AM shift for 3 days, hope I don't lose too much of my fitness level. (whine-whine)
Talked to my sister tonight and she said she reads my blog so- Hey Jennifer!

4 Comments:

  • Ouch... that's a killer shift! looks like it was a beautiful run and you did great. Keep it goin!!

    By Blogger Deb, at 9:07 PM  

  • Hey to you too Jeff - Can't wait till we can all get together this summer. I have been on the Food Network looking up some awesome recipes to cook for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 AM  

  • Beautiful running even with grey skies! You'll have to let us know the awesome recipes your sister cooks up for you. Sounds exciting!

    By Blogger Papa Louie, at 5:07 AM  

  • jeff that's a great 10k time good for you! -- my brother runs up in ohio... but i can't get him to use the internet so he hasn't been to my blog!

    By Blogger Neese, at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home