oregon adventures

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Glendoveer Golf Course Run


Happy father's day! Got off work unexpectedly early today and since it was Father's day but too late to golf, I went running at a golf course. Glendoveer is a 36 hole municipal course with a 2 mile bark dust trail around it with mile markers every quarter mile. It also has a 60-80 foot hill in the beginning. Powered up the hill to start and after one mile the watch said 8:45, that's pretty slow for a first mile. On the second lap powered up the hill no problem, but then the weekend (working nights with only MRE's to eat) started to get to me and I hit mile 3 at 27:00. The third lap the hill was steeper than before. As I approached mile 5 the legs felt like they were really heavy, but I kept going and finished 6 miles at 55:55 for a 9:19 pace. Afterwards I soaked the legs in an ice bath and I bought some flax oil to make a smoothie after I post this.

3 Comments:

  • Man, a good run on Fathers Day and then a smoothie...does it get better?? Happy Fathers Day (belated) to you!

    By Blogger Deb, at 6:21 PM  

  • Happy Fathers Day Jeff :)
    sub-60min. 6 miles is a strong pace! you'll have to post your smoothie receipe!

    By Blogger Neese, at 6:33 PM  

  • Love a good smoothie! Sounds like a fun race. A golf course is such a great setting for a run!

    By Blogger Rachel, at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home