oregon adventures

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Livestrong Ride Route Bike Ride


Drove out to the west side again today to do a bike ride with 5 people from work. Frank, his sister Terry, Ray, Ken, and I rode the 40 mile route of last year's Livestrong ride. Started at the south entrance of the Nike campus (picture), and rode out of the city into farmland with vineyards and alpaca and horse ranches. It was a beautiful day out, good scenery, good company- just a really nice ride. All 5 of us will be doing the Seattle to Portland (STP) ride in a couple of weeks- 206 miles. Ray is doing it in one day everyone else is doing it in two. Last year Frank and Ken did it in one day I've done it in 2 days the last 2 years. When we got back to the Nike campus today we stopped at the Tiger Woods building and spun the cement ball they have sitting in a fountain held only by the water. Last year Frank and I both did the Livestrong ride and people were lined up to play with the cement ball. He did the 103 mile route, I started that way, but got to talking to people at the rest stops and they closed one of the turn-offs, so I ended up doing only 73 miles. Got to hear Lance give the opening speech, but it was too crowded, so I didn't get to see him. This year the Livestrong ride costs $500 for one day- way out of my range so I won't be riding it this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home