oregon adventures

Monday, July 03, 2006

Three Corner Rock Hike


My friend Kevin (bottom pic) and I (top pic) hiked the Pacific Crest trail to 3 corner rock today. It was another sunny 80+ day in town, but up in the foothills it was cooler. Parked at the trailhead with not a soul in sight and hiked up the PCT for 1.5 miles and took a 3/4 mile side trail to the top of three corner rock which is about a 50-60 foot high pile of rocks that used to be a lookout site where you can see Mt Hood, Adams, Ranier, St Helens, and Jefferson on a nice day. Soaked up the view and headed back down. On the drive down we saw a huge bear cross the road about 50 yards ahead- first time seeing a bear in many years! Totals for the hike 4.4 miles with 800 feet elevation gain. A 1000 feet under last years average, but I haven't hiked much this year, so I have to build back up. Made it back to town in time to go to yoga.

2 Comments:

  • Hey,

    Where is the trailhead for this hike? I've never heard of it, nor is it listed in any of my hiking books.

    Is it in Washington?

    Would you mind shooting me a quick e-mail telling me where it is?

    rozanne101@gmail.com

    By Blogger Rozanne, at 11:52 PM  

  • That's beautiful! Lucky you to cross train, enjoy the beauty of it and company of a good friend!!

    By Blogger Deb, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home