oregon adventures

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Centennial HS Run

Today after work I went golfing with my friend Jerry and shot ok, 53 for 9 holes, and got home late so went running right by the house. The high school both my kids went to is a 1/2 mile away, so I ran over there and went around the track doing intervals and then back home for 3.5 miles in 28:48 for an 8:14 pace. Very pleased with that time. I should have been doing intervals all along, but they hurt my knees before so I shied away from them. But last night I went to a meeting of the Portland tri club and the guest speaker was Erin Ford a local professional triathlete and Scott McMillan a professional triathlete coach- very inspiring. Plus Jessica was there and she told me her schedule and I signed up for a couple tris in August.
I'm off to Seattle tomorrow to do the Portland to Seattle bike ride so no blogging until maybe Sunday night.

4 Comments:

  • Sounds like a cool ride. How many miles is the ride? Have fun and be safe.

    By Blogger Papa Louie, at 6:55 AM  

  • have a nice weekend jeff :-) i'm looking forward to the report!

    By Blogger Neese, at 9:53 AM  

  • have fun! which tris did you sign up for?

    By Blogger Rachel, at 1:18 PM  

  • Nice run & have a great time this weekend!

    By Blogger Deb, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home