oregon adventures

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Thermal Flo Commercial

Got cast last week for a commercial and filmed today in the Irvington neighborhood. I was a porch dad, actually I was half of a couple on a porch being envious of the people across the street who have air conditioning. My "wife" was a nice woman who does local theatre and they sprayed us with water to look sweaty and we just pretended to be wilting in unbearable heat. Unfortunately it was only in the 50's, so we had to act. I heard someone saying the ad will run the last two weeks of April- so if you see a Thermal Flo ad with a guy sitting on a porch in an orange shirt- that's me. It was a small friendly set with less than 15 people and great food and lots of good snacks. The food is one of the best parts of filming. While waiting for my scene to start, I talked to the make-up/wardrobe lady and she turned out to be an amazing woman. I'd seen her on other shoots, but never had a chance to talk to her. She and her husband and kids ski, horseback ride, bike ride, kayak- nonstop adventuring! Unfortunately I don't have a picture to post because I forgot to bring my camera.

4 Comments:

  • Hi Jeff,
    I didn't know you did commercials. Is this your first one or have you done many? I haven't read further in your blog but intend to do so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

  • I enjoyed the entire blog, Jeff. And I saved to my computer several of the pictures you included, like the Trojan (I remember when it was being built back in the 60's and my neighbor had a job building it). And the pictures of the tall building in Seattle that you and Kevin walked up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 PM  

  • No, I've been doing movies and commercials since 1998. Two principal (main actor) commercials, 24 extra roles in comercials and movies, and 5 infomercial testimonials.

    By Blogger JeffM, at 8:03 PM  

  • Wow, you're a star! ;) I was in a couple of commercials for my company but they aired back east...I had 1/2 the company calling to goof on me! It was fun.
    To answer your question, no...I'm not training for anything special. I have a pretty nice bike and need to get back in the saddle. I really love to workout and ramping up the running a bit. I'm working towards getting leaner and I'd like to run some 1/2's. Run them before but fitness level never what it should have been, hence...left BAD taste in my mouth. Making it different this time. Good luck on your race. I'll be reading!

    By Blogger Deb, at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home