oregon adventures

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Red Lizard 5-Miler


Last Sunday I did the Red Lizard 5-miler run in Lake Oswego. It started and ended in George Rogers park and was suprising hilly. I kept a good pace for me until about mile 3 when I came to a very steep hill and lost momentum and had to walk for about 30 feet at the top, then started back up and finished with a 9:19 mile per minute pace. Afterwards, I had bananas and organic hot chocolate and started talking to a beautiful girl, Laura, and ended up walking back to her car with her. She never mentioned a husband or boyfriend, but I chickened out and didn't ask her for a number, I guess that's why I'm single- way too shy.
Later that afternoon I went with friends to see the Lewis and Clark exhibit at the Historical Society. It turned out to be more about the indians than about Lewis and Clark, but still interesting. I was amazed at how big the peace medals that they gave out were.

2 Comments:

  • Jeff,

    Nice Blog. Sounds like you had a good run. Hope your next run is better. I saw the Lewis and Clark movie at OMSI. Very interesting everything they went through and how long it took them. They had lots of help. See you later.

    Kevin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 PM  

  • Jeff,

    I have to give you credit on your blog. I wouldn't have enough discipline or time to keep up a blog. I can barely handle working out 5-6 days a week. It's taking up all my time. I have no time for anything else.

    Kevin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home