oregon adventures

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Sandy hill ride

What do you do when it was 106 yesterday and it's supposed to be 100 today? Go on a hilly bike ride of course! My friend Steve and I set out early for the small town of Sandy through country roads with lots of rollers. Went through the town and out in the country and saw 362nd avenue and took that. It had some steep rollers and I was using my front derailer more than the back it seemed. At one point hit 43 going down one hill. That road circled around and ended up back in Sandy. I used to carry maps- now I just ride. Back to Steve's house in Gresham at 33 miles with an average of 14.8.
Going to Michigan on Monday for a little over a week. My mom has a cottage on a lake, so I should be able to swim, maybe. And run the dirt roads, hopefully. It's a family reunion with picnics every day, golf tournament, square dance, etc. Training may suffer!
PS- Watched a repeat of the time trial in the tour- way to go Landis!

3 Comments:

  • hey Jeff, way to brave the heat!
    have a great time in michigan! don't know if i told you for sure but i am not going to portland this year. so you don't need to shuttle me to the airport! :)

    By Blogger Neese, at 7:18 PM  

  • The heat everywhere seems to be nuts.. have a great trip home!

    By Blogger Deb, at 7:56 PM  

  • I hate the heat. You did great. That's still a good speed (at least for me)!

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home