oregon adventures

Monday, October 01, 2007

Post Ironman and Pictures





Here's some pictures from the Grand Columbian from the photographers they had at the race. Took a week off and then started back up with easier training. Not sure what's next or what direction to go in. I do know that I feel like anything is possible after doing an ironman!
My running partner has been training for the Portland marathon this coming Sunday, so I ran with her a couple times last week and felt great. We were supposed to do 10 miles yesterday, but she cancelled with some excuse- it was raining out. So I went and did my first solo run since August when I hooked up with her. Anyway, did 8.6 miles in the rain along the Columbia river and over the I-5 bridge. It was nice and with a baseball cap the rain didn't bother me. Did a nice comfortable 9:30 pace.
I've found that the heart rate has a limit since ironman, during Saturday's group swim I did a 100 meter sprint and had to stop at 75 meters for a few seconds to get the breathing and heartrate under control. Still hit the wall at 1:29, but it was hard. Then on the 32.7 mile bike ride I tried to sprint once and had to back off, have to give the body awhile to recover before trying sprint type stuff.

8 Comments:

  • very nice, no denying an Ironman is in those photos!!

    By Blogger Neese, at 2:11 PM  

  • I want that bike!

    By Blogger kara, at 3:50 PM  

  • Nice photos! Great job!

    By Blogger teacherwoman, at 6:32 PM  

  • Great shots Jeff!! Congrats again!

    By Blogger Deb, at 7:31 PM  

  • Congrats! That is so cool. Sounds like you had a terrific race.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 2:17 PM  

  • Great job!! Congrats!!!

    By Blogger Lora, at 3:09 AM  

  • Jeff, nice pix, let us know what's your next adventure. Now you are thinking BIG... Aren't you?

    take care

    By Blogger lizzie lee, at 4:08 PM  

  • Your comment made me smile big, thank you! :) I think once I get thru some of this thickness of my schedule i'll be back on blogging track...and hey, my next 5k is October 27th...you never know that could be the one! Thanks again..

    By Blogger Neese, at 5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home