oregon adventures

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ready To Be An Ironman!

Thursday morning I will head out for Grand Coulee Washington for the Grand Columbian Full Ironman race! So far this year I've swum 191,000 meters (118.7 miles), Ridden 2559.3 miles, and run 439.2 miles. But that's just raw numbers- I could tell you by seeing a location who I rode with past that point and sometimes I can actually remember what we were talking about at some locations. The people I've trained with this year, the memories, the changes- it's all part of becoming an ironman. Now to go out and do it and do the best I can and leave it all out there. Emotions are running high, patience is running low. Gigi (my bike) has new tires and a lubed chain and tune-up, I think she's ready and itching to show her stuff- I hope we're still friends after 112 miles.
Saturday night after I finish the people doing the half said they'll have drinks waiting for me at the finish and we'll have a finish party. Hopefully I'll be coherent and able to party!
I think we're staying an extra day and coming back Monday. As soon as I get back I'll let you guys know how I did.

11 Comments:

  • Good luck, Jeff! Kick ass and take names... Have a drink on me :-)

    By Blogger Wes, at 5:22 AM  

  • Jeff, Have a great time! Can't wait to hear that you are an Ironman.

    By Blogger Papa Louie, at 6:49 AM  

  • Jeff, what a wonderful news. I hope you the best. Swim that river with pride. Please, kiss "The Mighty River of the West", for me, and tell it that I miss it, that I will always love it, and that one day, I will be back.

    By Blogger lizzie lee, at 5:45 PM  

  • Best of luck Jeff!! Go tear up the course!!

    By Blogger Lora, at 6:26 PM  

  • Thinking of you and wishing you all the best! Can't wait to hear all about your race - you'll rock, I know! :)

    By Blogger Ms Eva, at 9:01 AM  

  • You are going to rock it! Can't wait for the race report.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 2:23 PM  

  • ** Ironman Jeff **
    So the run part is a marathon? Wow. No holding you back!
    Good luck - don't worry, your bike will be fine.
    ; )

    By Blogger kara, at 4:33 PM  

  • Hope your race was everything you'd hoped!!!!!! Can't wait to read all about it.

    By Blogger Deb, at 7:48 PM  

  • You have trained like a maniac! You are so ready for this. Good luck. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

  • Good luck this weekend, Jeff! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

    By Blogger teacherwoman, at 6:31 PM  

  • IronJeff,
    Have an awesome race out there!!
    Positive vibes headed your way for a strong race!

    By Blogger Mike, at 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home